As a treatment option for a variety of health issues in dogs, CBD (cannabidiol oil) has been popularized. CBD products can effectively treat common issues in dogs such as inflammation and mood disorders. You need to be aware of several aspects about oil. Before you give CBD oil to your dog, there are several things that you should consider.
These are some things you need to know about CBD Oil for Dogs
- CBD oil is derived from the hemp plant and contains little to no THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), which is the compound responsible for the “high” associated with marijuana. CBD oil isn’t intoxicating and has no psychoactive effects.
- The therapeutic benefits of CBD oil for dogs include anxiety relief, pain management, inflammation and the ability to manage seizures. CBD products are a good addition to your dog’s daily diet due to their health benefits.
- The use of cbd oil for dogs remains unregulated and limited research has been done on the safety and efficacy. Before giving CBD oil to your dog it is important to consult a veterinarian. They can help you determine if CBD oil is a suitable treatment option for your dog and also guide you on how to administer the oil.
- There are many CBD oils on the market, but not all CBD oils are equal. It is important to choose a high-quality CBD oil that has been tested by third parties for potency and purity. You should look for CBD oils labeled “full-spectrum”, or “broad spectrum,” because these oils contain beneficial cannabinoids as well as terpenes.
- CBD oil can cause dry mouth, drowsiness, or decreased blood pressure in dogs. Start with a low dose and keep your dog in check for adverse effects. Side effects can sometimes prove to be fatal if side effects are not addressed.
How much CBD should dogs consume?
Your dog’s weight, size and shape will all affect the amount of cannabidiol you give them. The standard amount is approximately 20 grams per pound for dogs. You should ensure that they receive the right amount according to various factors. It is dangerous to feed them the wrong amount.
If you are unable to process CBD, it is a good idea to seek advice from your vet. So that you can get fresh products, make sure you only buy high-quality products from reputable manufacturers.
CBD oil can be used to treat certain ailments in dogs. However, it is important to consult a veterinarian before you give CBD oil to your dog. Also, make sure to get a third-party tested product to ensure that the CBD oil is pure and potent. You can choose the best product for your dog if you have the right knowledge. Start adding CBD supplements to your dog’s diet if they are suffering from common problems.